Wednesday, November 17, 2010

About me.

Welcome to my blog.  Time will tell if it proves readworthy.  Wow, second sentence and I'm already making up words.  If Shakespeare did it, why can't I?

Who am I?  Complicated question.  It might be easier if I took the elimination route.

- I am not Henry the Eighth
- I am not Carmen San Diego, nor do I know where she is
- I am not Superwoman!  (Though I have to try to remind myself that regularly.)
- I am not mineral or vegetable, but ask me again about the vegetable part in a few weeks.

Enough

- I'm a woman, mom, wife, friend, sister, daughter, step-monster, middle school teacher (monster part 2), actor, dancer, dreamer and annoyingly positive thinker.
- I have 2 full time jobs, teacher and mom.  I take them both very seriously, but the mom job takes precedence every time.
- I teach middle school kids, at the middle school I went to.  (Hell got a new address in the intervening years.)  Being a middle school teacher means that I either have a lot of patience, or am certifiably insane.  It depends on the day.
- At this school this semester I teach 5 different subjects every day.  (See the line above about being insane.)  They include, Drama, Advanced Drama, Yearbook, Speech & Debate and a 7 week elective class wherein I teach every sixth grader in the school.
- Oh, and I'm cubmaster for my son's cub scout troop.
- I vaguely remember what it feels like to be bored.

So, why this blog?  In the few moments of lucidity I have in the morning (usually in the shower) I find myself sometimes thinking up things to write.  Then the busy day takes over (the moment the water is turned off) and I never write things down.  I'm hoping that this blog will give me a reason to put more effort into getting those ideas down.  (I almost said put ideas on paper, but that shows my age, doesn't it?)

I'm making no promises that I will be a regular blogger, or that my posts will be witty or life changing.  As Yosemite Sam said, "I am what I am and that's all that I am."  Let's see where this takes us, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment