Thursday, February 3, 2011

My son, the nerd

So yesterday on our walk to the car before school, Logan turns to me and says, "Mom, I want a Borg."  I'm totally used to these non sequiturs, so I roll with it. 

"Why do you want a Borg?"

"You know, so I can write about things and people will read and comment about it, like you do."

AHA!  A BLOG!  "We can totally make that happen."*

I then proceed to explain to him what a Borg is.  He thought about it for a while and then asked, "Which is worse, Borg or Daleks?"

Yes, we have created a nerd.  We've been cultivating him slowly, with the help of our friends.  Ammy gave him a gift of the DVD of Logan's Run when he was born.  Heck, he was named after Wolverine!  And Sean and I do our best to "educate" him.  He definitely knows the difference between Star Trek and Star Wars, has his own laptop at age 9, a sonic screwdriver and a Taunton sleeping bag.  Oh, and he's reading "The Hobbit."  But with parents like us, what could you expect.  The kid was a part of a historical recreation event (Dickens Fair) when he was 4 months old!

Oh well, as my step daughter pointed out, nerd really stands for Not Even Remotely a Dork.  And remember, the nerds make the most money.

*Yes, he has started his own blog but we have it clamped down very tightly and it can only be accessed by immediate family.  If he starts pounding out Hamlet on a regular basis, I might open the restrictions a bit, just so I have more to brag about.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Sarah is a dork too...and I am married to one !! Nothing wrong with dorks. Although, we are missing the money that is supposed to come from it !!!

    ReplyDelete